GE Elemax 5000 Liquid Flashing is a 100% silicone, one-component, solvent free, low-sag, Air and WaterResistive Barrier (AWB) flashing.
Elemax 5000 Liquid Flashing is commonly used to seal joints, seams, gaps, over/under-driven fastener heads, flashing, treat rough openings, inside/outside corners, and for adhering transition materials such as GE UltraSpan* UST/USM molded strips and corners
Typical Performance and Application Properties
• Silicone Durability - cured silicone rubber exhibits excellent long-term resistance to natural weathering including: extreme temperatures, ultraviolet radiation, rain and snow, with negligible change in elasticity
• Elastomeric - Cures to form a permanently flexible continuous membrane virtually unaffected by temperature extremes
• Self-sealing - Passes water penetration standards for nails and fasteners
• Primerless Adhesion - Bonds strongly to many typical substrates without the need of a primer
• Fast Cure - Provides rapid adhesion to many substrates